MY ROMANCE WITH THE KNIGHTS: A SHAM


Call it intrigue, or enthralling; everyone has something to luxuriate with, or to dote on. Few people have the cogent for their infatuation and some don't want to get their head around it. Whatever be the situatie, we dig in our heels and celebrate our vagaries. Exempli Gratia, we all have favorites - stars, politician, authors, musicians et cetera. They mesmerize us, though ostensibly, and we become spellbound. And we don't know how a particular person/object beguiles us, and other from the same line of work doesn’t. At times our frame of mind depends on their success or debacle. And who the hell bother to ask - why? We are in the sad mood when they lose, and in jubilant when they elude losing. This intrigue has no guerdon. There is hardly any logic to my mind to elucidate this besottedness. So, is there anything which is away from our cognition? Yes, there is. And it is the conundrum enigma behind our fascination or Romance. I too have my favorites who fascinated me and one of it is the IPL team - Kolkata Knight Riders. As I started writing recently so I don't want to miss the boat and want to get out of my system to annotate the inscrutable cliffhanger about my Romance with the Knights.


Though I have been watching IPL since 2007 it had not happened till 2012. Earlier I used to like either DD or RCB, but there was no relishing effect. At the time when IPL 2012 was going on, my cousin handed me down a KKR franchise T-shirt. That was, of course, an aleatory coincidence. I used to wear the T-shirt as any other habiliment, without any guise to eulogize KKR. IPL had excited such a furor among the people that the event became a hot potato. Let me be bluntly candid that I used to wear the T-shirt only to show off. My friends started to pester me. They used to badger me but I decided not to reply to their catechizing goad. I had been put through the wringer on several occasions. I could have made some rejoinder but at that time I did not have any logical rationale. So I used to fend off them with a wisecrack every time. All these cumulative activities stirred unfamiliar reveries inside me. This could not be called tout-de-suite but suddenly I started watching KKR's matches with a peculiar attitude gripped with fervent hysteria. Whenever I was greeted with derision, I started acknowledging the sneer in a genial manner. I was not able to collude with this but I wanted my purported fascination with the KKR to be the moot point. Seguramente, this delirium was incredulous. Some used to call it crass too.

By that time, by the skin of their teeth, KKR had already got a place in the playoff. With some fabricated celebrations on social networks, I was frivolously complacent. My charisma for any other team had initially faltered and then frazzled and with KKR, it was floundering. Meanwhile, KKR qualified for the Finale. The team which was jousting with KKR for the title was CSK. CSK locking horns with KKR made IPL finale more piquant for the fans. Schism over the top dog was perceptible and could have been seen in media, tabloids, social networking etc. I also started to make a huge brouhaha over the finale via my social accounts and during group chats with my companions. I was literally campaigning for KKR like a crusade. People used to ask me if I am a votary of SRK or Gambhir which I disavowed direct-amen-te without sugarcoating. They called me a zealot but I stoutly used to surmount the strictures. And the day had arrived.


The final chapter was going to be unshrouded. The arena was witnessing the squall of valor. Fans were boosting the morale of their teams by hooting. Chennai was batting first. CSK set a herculean target that could not have been said a piece of cake. It was going to be an arduous peregrination for KKR. I was put into a wild frenzy with every ball. At the same time, I was in trepidation too. But the performance of Knight Rider blew me away.  I was tickled pink by the display of their prowess. Meanwhile, I was constantly panegyrizing on my social media account aggrandizing KKR batting. The gaiety was in giving the taste of their own medicine to the CSK. CSK bowling faltered and faltered very badly. CSK was shellacked and in this way KKR vanquished CSK. Till now I remember the all hullabaloo till the last ball.  





Although this annotation is a gospel truth, this besottedness is deliberately and artificially manufactured. Since this fascination is beyond my cognition, or I don't want to learn, I call it a sham. Romances are not genuine. And this masquerade is a pseudo infatuation which has been spuriously substituted for the absolute satisfaction.





Comments